Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

Let me first say that I usually do not celebrate Memorial Day.  My thought on it is this: Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day are for those who only get those days off.  It means bigger crowds for the things that I can do on a Tuesday during the summer.  One of the reasons I love my profession.  Anyway, I am going on family vacation this summer during the week of Fourth of July. It just goes to show that it is not always about me.  I am looking forward to it.  Here are of some of the things I saw this weekend:
Shopping at Walmart.

Thomaston and Manchester got ready for the weekend too.



I was not expecting to get the boys this weekend, and we did the usual.  Played outside, video games, and I cooked for them.  One thing out of the ordinary was Caleb cooking a whole meal by himself.  Doug and Tina sent me a package for Blue Apron.  It has all the ingredients and the directions to cook a meal.  I thought Caleb would like this. He jumped on the idea and started cooking as soon as he woke up on Sunday morning. He did a great job, and it was delicious.
 I had a short impromptu date on Sunday night after I dropped the boys off.  We met at Roosevelt Park and took a small walk before she had to get her children.

And on Monday we took a trip to Rock Eagle.  Catherin had to drive her son and a friend to camp.  It brought back a lot of memories.  I ran into an old friend. It was a fun day trip.

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds like a great weekend. I'm sure you enjoyed showing Catherin around Rock Eagle. This is the tenth year I have "celebrated" (wrong word I think) Memorial Day by remembering my high school friend's son, Evan, who lost his life in Iraq fighting for our freedom to enjoy all these cook-outs and family gatherings. We are so fortunate to be Americans!

    ReplyDelete