Monday, June 27, 2016

Furry Friends

I am not a pet enthusiast.  As a matter of fact, I have rather liked not having a pet over the past year and a half.  My house is cleaner, a lot cleaner, and easier to keep clean than it has been in the past.  That being said, I kind of miss my cat.  I didn't really want the cat, but we became close.  He would come and get in the bed with me after I had fallen asleep and snuggle and cuddle with me.  He would purr, I wouldn't have the heart to kick him out of bed.
  I have not, however, been with out pets to love.  They just live at Catherin's house.  This is nice.  I get all of the love and affection from them when I visit, and none of the responsibility of being a dog owner. Here are Lily and Shadow.




Lily is more photogenic than Shadow.

This week, though, I had a visitor.  Cunningham really loves Ace, his dog.  He is always talking about him.  He tells him, "bye" when I pick them up. So, I let Cunningham bring Ace with him for a visit.  Cunningham is responsible, and it is fun to see him mature.  He feeds Ace and takes him out.  He is always wondering where he is, if Ace is not right under him.  We took Ace with us on a kayak adventure while he was here.





I think Ace really enjoyed the trip, and I think that Cunningham got a since of worry that I feel for him and his brothers. It was a five mile trip, and Cunningham took extra care to make sure that Ace made it and was well taken care of the whole way.

1 comment:

  1. You have not been a pet enthusiast since that tragic 4H project that involved a Parakeet. :( It tickles me that you became attached to a cat. Your brother has a similar story. Yes, Cunningham is the animal lover in the family. He has always been crazy about animals and that day on the river with Ace says it all. He loves that dog and takes such good care of him. It's a joy to see them together.

    ReplyDelete