Thursday, June 23, 2016

Date Night

It is funny. Until the summer started, I could have written this post within two weeks, but my date and I have our boys on alternating schedules during the summer, so it has been hard for us to find time for, just us.  We have, however, introduced our boys to one another, and things have been really good.  They get along and want to see each other.  We will now have dinner with each other with the boys so we see each other more.  So, anyway, it took awhile to get to date night.  Mama came down to visit the boys while I had a chance to go out.

Our plan was to go to dinner,  but the boys had other plans.  They wanted to  grill the fish that they had just caught on our deep sea fishing trip.  So we had dinner before we went out. (Bonus: I got to use my new grill.)



That is king mackerel on the grill and red snapper on the pan.  The red snapper may be the best fish I've ever cooked.

 We had dinner at the house together.

Mama took pictures in the yard before we left.


When I was planning the date. I wanted us to spend some time hiking.  There is a state park close to where we live, but after dinner, we only had time to watch the sunset.  There is place where you can see the sunset perfectly over Callaway Gardens.  We watched it go down and and took pleasure in the world we live in.  We both, are very thankful for the small things that make our world better now.  We spend a lot of time noticing things that we didn't before. The second picture is the selfie I refused to take, before taking it.  This has become a ritual when to phone comes out and we are together.  My guess is that you will see more and more of these on Instagram and Facebook and here.


After sunset, we went for dessert at my favorite yogurt shop.

And then bowling.  We really had a good time.  I am not sure I would have taken her bowling if not for this blog, but I was looking for something fun and quick, before we had to go home.  We really had a good time, and I think we will do it again very soon.

Finally, we took pictures in a photo booth.  Very "date night" circa 1970.  I have seen picture of Mama and Daddy like this.  It was fun to do and remember those pictures, too.

2 comments:

  1. This was my favorite one yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it, Bert! Especially those photo booth pics. They are almost exactly like mine and your dad's. And that WAS the best fish I have ever eaten. ( I think it was the mayo ;) I also loved suppertime. The boys actually talked and laughed and complimented the cooks. With you and Doug both living hours away from me, I don't get to spend the night in your homes much but it's ironic that I was spending the night with each of you during your date nights. This is certainly a happy time in your lives and I love that you are sharing it with me in this way.

    ReplyDelete