Saturday, May 7, 2016

My work desk


This is my work desk. 41 years old and I finally got my own office. The space is pretty nice. It was the old Vice President's office in the "old building" in this location for our company. 90% of the people in New Jersey work in the new building. I was offered space over there but would've had to share it. I'm tucked away and its really private. I keep my door shut because I'm on the phone a lot. I put it on speaker and can continue to look at my computer and semi-work as I'm talking. Other than that I rarely have human interaction. This has its pros and cons. Pros are obviously that it's quiet and I can work in peace but it can get a little claustrophobic. I've started taking walks down the street in the middle of the day when it's nice just to get out.


I have three screens and two computers I work on. This wasn't by design but by progression. I didn't just come in and say I need three screens. Through working there over time first freelancing and trying different workflows with different computers it just ended up this way. When I have my personal laptop out, my drawing tablet, my iPad to take notes, and my phone I have 7 screens around me. Literally surrounded by technology and no humans :) Heaven!!! Just kidding... as I said sometimes I feel closed off and it sucks.

2 comments:

  1. This blog is great for me because I can "see" where you two live and work. Doug, I had no idea that your office was this nice. You just told me you were in an old building pretty much by yourself. This IS what you have dreamed of for years and now you've got what you wished for. Your life has reversed itself. You used to be around lots of people/talk at work and then go home to peace and quiet. Now you are alone at work and probably enjoy the social scene that is so much a part of yours and Tina's life. I love your office. So conducive to productivity.

    ReplyDelete