Saturday, May 14, 2016

Bringing Home the Bacon

Grocery shopping has been fun over the past year, year and half.  I shop a lot with the boys in mind.  I am always looking for ways to save money but cook food that the boys like.  I struggle with healthy and good.  I also notice that the healthy food is more expensive. I buy meat on sale and cook dishes according to the meat I get.  I also have a few staples that are easy to cook and quick and that's important when running the boys around.

Since basketball season started (and then track) I haven't gotten in a routine about buying groceries.  I got lucky because I didn't have practice or a meet this week on Wednesday.  Do I went and loaded up the cart.
This is half way through the checkout process.

I got it home.
and it filled up the counter.

One of the things that I have been stressing to the boys is that everything has a place.  So before they got to the house I wanted to make sure that I got all the stuff put up.



Everything--cabinets, shelves, pantry, freezer and fridge are full.

Eggs were 30 cents a dozen.


I always forget something, but they built a Walmart Market right across the street from work.  This has been nice when I need to get something on the way home.  But when work is done--I am ready to get home, so I don't shop there much.

1 comment:

  1. Shades of yesterday when I was feeding four growing boys and an athlete husband... Doesn't it feel good to have it all put away and ready to cook? Now, have you made a list so you'll know what you have? It helps to have it where you can see it - like the front of the fridge. That way you won't find those pork chops in back of fridge, slimy and out of date! I'm proud of you, Son, for cooking for your boys and having mealtimes together.

    ReplyDelete