Friday, April 29, 2016

TGIF

It was field trip Friday.  We took the students to Fort Benning today.  The seventh graders learned team building and leadership skills on an obstacle course.  I saw students, that I hadn't seen anything from all year, engaged and working hard. There is a lot of learning going on after the state gives their test.

This brought back a lot of memories.  I went to military school right out of high school.  Watching the soldiers work and joke together in their BTU's reminded me of my short time doing the same.  I was also reminded of my time as a 4-H counselor.  I remember working with students about this age the same way these guys were working with our students. I am pretty sure these guys were more mature than I was.

But teachers would not thank God for Fridays if the students didn't leave.



And we love to see the buses leave...


Every other Friday I get the boys.  This is a real reason for me to thank God.  Every time I spend time with them we grow closer. They are really growing up so fast.  This is a selfie they didn't want to take on the way home tonight.


I finished the day watching Cade play baseball. He caught an excellent game, and he hit his third triple in the last two games.  He also hit a single.



1 comment:

  1. What a chronicle of your Friday! Even though you and I are both educators, I didn't realize how little I knew of the composition of your days. I love having this window into your life. It keeps me closer to you, even though we are miles apart.

    ReplyDelete