Friday, April 22, 2016

Commute

I have the longest commute that I have ever had.  It is mostly through rural areas.  There are small towns on the way.  On Wednesdays and Fridays I take the boys to school so the route changes.  The time really doesn't.  I have enjoyed the commute.  I really get to talk to the boys when they are trapped in the car.  If they leave something at the house I can stop by their house on the way to school or on the way back.  I have always gotten up early so the morning commute is no problem.  The afternoon commute gets long on days when I am ready to be home, especially after practice or some other after school activity.  I see a lot strange things to and from work, but mostly I see...clouds in the middle of the road.  Not sure you can tell, but between the car and the horizon is a cloud...
 small town shops that have closed and never reopened...
gotta get gas...
churches...
traffic..


and small town America.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this, Bert! I've noticed you like to write a narrative as well as documenting in pics. Captures it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful country! Hopefully not too many deer in your morning commute;)

    ReplyDelete