Sunday, April 24, 2016

My commute

I was going to cheat and take some pictures Friday on my way out of town. I had to go through Penn Station to Grand Central and it was a Jewish holiday. Everyone trying to get home to eat dinner before sundown. I've never seen anything like it. But... in the interest of showing my REAL commute these are a few pics of things I see every day.


This subway station just opened at the world trade center and cut about 10 minutes off my original commute. It's called the Oculus. Currently it's just a walkway to the subway but it looks like a lot of construction going on and I believe it will be filled with stores and restaurants.


Just after the first pic. I pass through those gates then down a flight. It's tough when a train just lets out...


Train platform in Newark. Once I get off the subway I come up and wait on this train.


This is some sculpture about a block from the apartment. I'm happy to see this thing every day.


This is actually from the old commute but I wanted to show it anyway. It's one world trade tower and the exterior of the Oculus.






2 comments:

  1. For an urban guy, you've found your place! As a graphic artist, the lines and spaces of your new landscape are pleasing to your eye. What a beautiful commute - so different from Bert's but it must be exciting to enter that world every day. As you said, something new and different is always going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug, how interesting!!!! I just love this blog and the posts' Bert and you and already shared! Do you know the name of the sculptor who designed the red cube? And the lines on the oculus are so neat and interesting on the inside-it reminds me of the inside of Thr Chapel at the Air Force Academy in Colorado! Why is it named that I wonder? (Eight arms?) Miss you! Tell Tina and Benny hi!

    ReplyDelete